This project is read-only.

DotnetScorm Capabilities

Topics: Developer Forum, User Forum
Apr 18, 2008 at 2:34 PM
DotnetScorm Capabilities
Apr 18, 2008 at 2:38 PM
Hi, we're interested in integrating your package into our dotnetnuke customized software. Without me having to dig through the codes, can you give me a quick response regarding how easy or complicated it would be to custimze DotNetScorm into a DNN compatible module? Also, on your website, you do offer a link to DNNelearn.com , but the link is no longer valid. Its name sound like DNN compatible. Is this something related to your current product ? Thank you.
Apr 21, 2008 at 2:16 AM
DNNeLearn had the goal of creating a number of DNN eLearning modules, however SCORM was not continplated for some time. As far as I know this project has gone away. DotNetSCORM is designed to be used as modules that can be hosted within any Portal Framework with little work. We do intend to offer a DNN module when the project is further progressed. However at the moment there is still quite a bit of base work to finish up to make this system production ready.
May 6, 2008 at 2:10 PM
Hi, Kent, when do you expect the DotnetScorm app can be production ready? Thanks

KentWA wrote:
DNNeLearn had the goal of creating a number of DNN eLearning modules, however SCORM was not continplated for some time. As far as I know this project has gone away. DotNetSCORM is designed to be used as modules that can be hosted within any Portal Framework with little work. We do intend to offer a DNN module when the project is further progressed. However at the moment there is still quite a bit of base work to finish up to make this system production ready.

May 8, 2008 at 8:56 PM
As this is not my primary tasking it is hard to say how quickly we are going to progress. The most urgent work that will move us quickly to that state is adding the elements to the schema that permits a One to Many realationship for Course to Users, these are the LearnerAssignmentItems. If we can find someone to work on these while I finish up some of the other basic tasks around moving to an expanded platform, we could move much quicker to completetion.

G2_EXCEL wrote:
Hi, Kent, when do you expect the DotnetScorm app can be production ready? Thanks

May 9, 2008 at 3:17 AM
I understand. We've had developers installed this package and looked into it now. I'm hoping that if we base our work on it and develope some elements then we can probably contribute back. But we're all DNN and e-learning newbies, I'll have to see how fast we learn and how far we can get.
Thanks for your quick responses.

KentWA wrote:
As this is not my primary tasking it is hard to say how quickly we are going to progress. The most urgent work that will move us quickly to that state is adding the elements to the schema that permits a One to Many realationship for Course to Users, these are the LearnerAssignmentItems. If we can find someone to work on these while I finish up some of the other basic tasks around moving to an expanded platform, we could move much quicker to completetion.

G2_EXCEL wrote:

May 12, 2008 at 12:58 AM
Edited May 12, 2008 at 12:58 AM
I just commited in new updates that include a new installation procedure and some various fixes. Those may help you out some. The core components are the Microsoft MLC and have proven very stable. Most of the work we need to do is in linking things together to operate outside the SharePoint enviroment. Most of this work is not eLearning specific.

G2_EXCEL wrote:
I understand. We've had developers installed this package and looked into it now. I'm hoping that if we base our work on it and develope some elements then we can probably contribute back. But we're all DNN and e-learning newbies, I'll have to see how fast we learn and how far we can get.
Thanks for your quick responses.